Got big plans to wear green and put on a fabulous Irish-inspired St. Patrick's Day feast? We've been scouring the BlogHer network for fabulous recipes, and these blogs delivered exactly 100 of them—from the traditional corned beef and cabbage dinner to some cute St. Patrick’s Day lunches for the kids.
Kevin from Closet Cooking has offered up several recipes for Corned Beef in the last few years, from the time-honored Corned Beef Dinner With Cabbage to the fun and easy Guinness-Glazed Slow Cooker Corned Beef. He also put together of roundup of more than a dozen other recipes to round out your Paddy’s Day meal, including Irish Lamb Stew and Chocolate Stout Cake With Bailey’s Cream Cheese Frosting. There’s no telling what he has up his sleeve for this year, but we’re sure he’ll top himself yet again.
- Follow Closet Cooking on BlogHer
- Follow Closet Cooking on Facebook
- Follow Closet Cooking on Twitter
- Follow Closet Cooking on Pinterest
A Teaspoon of Happiness
Irish Potato Candy is actually from Philadelphia, not Ireland, but the tradition was started by the city’s Irish immigrants. (And they don’t actually contain any potatoes; they just look like spuds.) Melissa from A Teaspoon of Happiness shares her family recipe for the seasonal treat, which mixes cream cheese, butter, and flaked coconut and then rolls them in cinnamon. Melissa also forgoes traditional corned beef for Corned Beef and Cabbage Tacos With Horseradish Cream Sauce.
- Follow A Teaspoon of Happiness on BlogHer
- Follow A Teaspoon of Happiness on Facebook
- Follow A Teaspoon of Happiness on Twitter
- Follow A Teaspoon of Happiness on Pinterest
Around My Family Table
Wendy from Around My Family Table focuses on the kid-friendly aspects of the holiday, with her St. Patrick’s Day Recipe Roundup, which includes 80 dishes from around the blogosphere. There are plenty of rainbow-themed recipes and even some leprechaun cupcakes. But possibly most impressive is Wendy’s very own recipe for Gluten-Free Irish Soda Bread.
- Follow Around My Family Table on BlogHer
- Follow Around My Family Table on Facebook
- Follow Around My Family Table on Twitter
- Follow Around My Family Table on Pinterest
Ever since she traveled to Ireland for St. Patrick’s Day in 2007, Carla from Chocolate Moosey has had a bit of the Irish caught up in her culinary spirit. Her 5 Recipes for St. Patrick’s Day includes such gems as Guinness Beef Stew and Irish Soda Bread. But she also has fun with Irish Cream and Pistachio Chocolate Thumbprint Cookies.
- Follow Chocolate Moosey on BlogHer
- Follow Chocolate Moosey on Facebook
- Follow Chocolate Moosey on Twitter
- Follow Chocolate Moosey on Pinterest
Family Fresh Meals
St. Patrick’s Day is not all Guinness and corned beef, as Corey from Family Fresh Meals proves with her Easy St. Patrick’s Day Lunch Ideas. Even the kids will get in on the holiday spirit with these fun ideas, such as a rainbow fruit skewer, lucky cheese four-leaf clovers, and green broccoli “pops.” But Corey hasn’t forgotten dinner, and has a goof-proof recipe for Crock-Pot Corned Beef and Cabbage. If you have any leftover corned beef, try her Corned Beef and Cabbage Quesadillas.
- Follow Family Fresh Meals on BlogHer
- Follow Family Fresh Meals on Facebook
- Follow Family Fresh Meals on Twitter
- Follow Family Fresh Meals on Pinterest
Which blogs are you following for St. Pat's inspiration? Share them in the comments!
More from living