All that malarkey I spouted here about formalizing goals is a thing of the past. I don’t think I made any resolutions for 2012, as I certainly couldn’t find reference to them in my FOUR posts in 2012. Let’s just pretend that they morphed into 2013.
2013 Resolution Roundup
- Run a 5k – Mostly I just looked at this one and laughed. Ambitious for me, yes. Actually doable? No. Off the list for good.
- Join the Circus – The closest I got to that was finding out my hairstylist knows a girl who does trapeze work. Oh, and a Groupon for “circus arts” classes that were being offered only on Tuesdays and Thursdays at 11:00 am. Which is clearly a schedule designed for people who work at Whole Foods or Hula Hoop for a living.
- Write! – Seeing how my blog posts went from four to two in the last year, this one is a forfeit.
- Migrate to an Electronic Calendar - I did it! Yawn.
- Go on a Buddhist Retreat – I found a new temple and went to visit and they were closed. And, their hours don’t really sync with mine. Sigh.
Behold, my list of “intentions” for 2014, first-world-problem-style:
- Design a better delivery system for getting skinny jeans onto freshly moisturized legs.
- Buy something other than golf-themed glitter bits stolen from the office for tooth fairy “dust."
- Stop dispensing discipline to my children from the toilet.
- Develop a flash card system for my children with exciting new strings of curse words so they will know when Mommy is just being lazy or when she means business.
- Make a list of all the Swedish things I’m going to buy when the new IKEA comes to town.
- Stop noticing and scanning QR codes on my bananas. Trust me, you do not want to get to this place in your life.
More from living