So you want me to admit it? Alright, fine, I will then.
I'm addicted to blogging.
It's out. But if there's anything at all that makes me feel okay about my illness, it's that I'm not alone. Luckily I've got the one and only Erin here with me today to commiserate. It only makes sense that it's the girl who Lives in Yellow who helps me talk about this because there's just a small part of me that blames her for my addiction. I'm not trying to point fingers or anything, but she is the first person I contacted in the blogging world roughly two years ago who helped show me the ropes and teach me how everything works... So how can I not blame her?
This won't be an easy topic to discuss, but someone has to do it.
Are you addicted to blogging? If you find yourself nodding your head to any of these, I hate to break it to you, but I think you might be. If the blogger shoe fits...
1. You've had dreams about other bloggers.
2. If you see it on a blog, you buy it. Clothes, jewelry, vajajay deodorant, etc. It doesn’t matter what it is, but if another blogger has it, you need it.
3. You plan your day around when you can fit in a post.
4. You break out into a cold sweat when you realize the pictures your husband just took of you while you stood outside in the negative twenty degree temperature turned out blurry, cut off, and of absolutely no good use.
5. You sometimes catch yourself doing things just so you can blog about it.
6. Time is no longer measured in minutes, hours, days, and weeks, but rather by blog posts and blog posts only.
7. You get anxiety if you see you have an error in your post but aren't around a computer or phone to fix it yet.
8. You occasionally use your dog as a prop to pose with you during awkward public photo shoots.
9. You check your stats more than twenty times a day.
10. You stop responding to your name but rather only when somebody calls you by your blog title.
11. You respond to reader comments before you respond to family emails.
12. Your meals are a result of what you just saw on Instagram.
13. You spend hours creating what you believe will be the one pin that will go viral, only to result in three repins.
14. You sleep with a notebook next to your head, just in case.
15. You read blogs right before you go to bed... And again when you wake up.
16. You suddenly want a new cool camera even though you know you'll probably never really figure out how to use it exactly right.
17. You sometimes think you know bloggers you've never met more than you know people in real life.
18. You trade out your WWJD bracelets for OOTD and WIWW.
19. You spend hours in front of the mirror because you will master that perfect messy bun look if it kills you.
20. You spend ridiculous amounts of money on a planner because Heaven forbid you forget to write down that you need to post a picture to Instagram at 2:34 pm on Wednesday afternoon.
It's okay, fellow bloggers, we're here for you. Now let's all go grab a glass of wine (and put it on Instagram, of course) and then we can tweet about our problems together.
More from living