I haven’t missed an episode of the Oprah Show in 8 years, but it’s probably closer to 10. I feel as though I am one of the few people that actually watched Oprah After the Show on the Oxygen channel several years ago. I loved it!
Thanks to my Mom and Oprah I have kept a journal throughout the years. I don’t journal daily, but when I feel the need I grab my little black book.
So, from my notes, here are a few of the things I have jotted down throughout the years.
- Everyone acts at the level they know.
- When people show you who they are, believe them.
- Hurt people, hurt people.
- God can dream a bigger dream than you can.
- Everyone wants to be heard.
- You can choose to be a victim or a survivor.
- Your childhood shows up in your adult relationships.
- If you don’t want me, I don’t want you.
- People that love you want you to be happy.
- We are in control of our lives and our destiny.
- If you don’t love yourself, how can someone else love you?
- Terrible things that happen in your life can be used as fuel for great things to happen.
- All pain is the same, how you react is what makes us different.
- Tell your doctors the truth.
- Anyone can do something great for the world.
Now I have to figure out how to live my life without my daily dose of inspiration. OMG!!!! What’s a girl to do?
What lessons have you learned from Oprah?
Please share (comment/email) cause we are going to need each other to get through this. It’ll be somewhat like therapy or rehab, since we are addicts and we are trying to break our addiction.
Can’t wait to hear from ya!
More from living