Pssst... hey, you. Yes, YOU! In case you hadn't noticed, January is now over (did that fly by, or what?!) and we are fast approaching a brand spanking new month. February! And do you know what that means?
You have another chance to sign up for daily blogging with NaBloPoMo!
NaBloPoMo (short for National Blog Posting Month) is one of my favourite things about blogging. And now YOU have a chance to discover the joy for yourself! Whether you're a seasoned NaBloPoMo signer-upper (like me), or maybe tried it a couple of times in the past (and finished - or not), or perhaps have never actually heard of the thing before (NaBloHUH?!), I've come up with what I believe are 12 rather compelling reasons why February 2014 is YOUR month to join in.12 Reasons Why YOU Should Sign up for NaBloPoMo in February!
- If you made New Year's resolutions and are still going strong, committing to blogging daily in February will help you keep up the momentum.
- If you made New Year's resolutions but have been slacking off, committing to blogging daily in February will help you get back on the wagon.
- If you totally missed the boat on New Year's resolutions, this is your chance to start a new month by making a positive commitment to yourself!
- February is the shortest month of the year, which makes it the easiest month to complete a FULL month of daily blogging.
- Daily blogging will help you develop discipline.
- Daily blogging will help you hone your writing skills.
- You will connect with new writers and attract new readers - and maybe even make some friends - through your participation in NaBloPoMo.
- The NaBloPoMo February 2014 theme is "Perspective" (one of my favourite topics), which gives you a ton of scope for possible blog posts.
- The NaBloPoMo writing prompts are particularly fabulous this month. Seriously.
- If you don't happen to be inspired by the theme of the month and/or the prompts, it doesn't actually matter, because you know what? You're allowed to write about anything you want. The only rule of NaBloPoMo is that you have to post something every day.
- For the first time (ever?), NaBloPoMo has added a photography component to its theme and prompts, and will even be offering some photography tutorials! How fun is that?!
- I'm doing NaBloPoMo, and I'd LOVE your company!
So have I convinced you yet? Then what are you waiting for?! Head on over to BlogHer and sign up already! Then, when you're done, come back here and share a link to your blog in the comments below so we can all follow along!
C'mon... you know you wanna!
(Original post in Alphabet Salad.)
Laurel Regan blogs about life as she lives it at Alphabet Salad - "an eclectic assortment of rants & ramblings."
More from living