Years ago, a computer at home was considered to be the height of luxury. They came in huge boxes and featured black and white images. Then came small computers after which laptops made prospect. Today, it’s the generation of smartphones and tablets. We now live in a season where these devices are not only easily accessible, but can also be connected with one another. Apple’s products are no exception in this regard.
Though there are many paid apps to sync your iPad with your MacBook, you do have a couple of free options too.
One such option is the TeamViewer, a free online application used for remote controlling devices like Mac or a PC. You can use this to control your Mac through Internet. It can also come in handy for online meetings and more. It can be used in Android, iPhone, and iPad.
Here is the step-by-step procedure to connect your iPad to a desktop without spending a single penny:
- First and foremost, ensure that your MacBook is running fast. If not, fix it. You really need to have a decent Internet connection and a fast processor if you have to do this uninterrupted.
- Download TeamViewer to the desktop you want to control through your iPad. There are three installation options available:
- 1st option - Install: It is the full-option to install TeamViewer that includes all the options available.
- 2nd option - Install to control computer later from remote: If you want to access the particular desktop from a remote location without any input code, you have to choose this option.
- 3rd option – Run only: This is the last option which can be chosen if you want the software to only run without installing anything. This option is ideal if you want to only keep the software in a flash drive. It is not compatible with unattended accesses.
Choose one of the three options and under the ‘How do you want to use TeamViewer’, choose ‘personal or non-commercial use’ which is the second option.
- Next step is to install the TeamViewer software in your iPad. Install and Run the app on your Apple tablet. A username and password will appear on the desktop client. Use the username and password to access the software. If you want an unattended access to your software, then you will only need the password for any further sessions.
- Once both devices are installed with the software, the desktop of the PC will immediately appear on the tablet’s screen. There might be a slight difference in the way your desktop looks on your tablet screen since it has to be adjusted to a smaller screen space. Now, you have complete control of your Mac or any PC you use on your tablet.
- You can use your finger in place of the mouse for any actions. For example, a finger tap is the action you use in place of a mouse click. If you double tap on an icon, it opens just like the action you do using the mouse. If you wish to scroll, you have to use two fingers, just like you use the scrolling mouse in a laptop.
- There is a keyboard icon available in the lower right side of the screen. This icon gives you access to the tools available in the TeamViewer software.
TeamViewer has its advantages and disadvantages when compared to its pricey counterparts like Parallels Access. However, no other software offers simple and free access between two devices. It is an excellent option for running different programs that is not usually compatible on your tablet, accessing files that you forgot to copy and checking mail archives.
Hope this tutorial was helpful if you have been looking for an option to control your MacBook via your iPad.
More from home