My husband and I purchased a 50+ year old house as our first home a few
years ago. While the house only had one previous owner (they built it
and lived in it their entire lives), we had a lot of updates to do as
every room has three layers of wallpaper. You may remember my previous posts about our hall bathroom makeover, the master bathroom makeover and the master bedroom makeover.
We have officially finished our second bedroom! We use this room as our guest bedroom and wanted it to have a clean look so we could continually change out the accessories in the room.
Here's what it looked like before:
And, here's my inspiration for the bedroom (thanks to House Beautiful for the image):
And, here's how it turned out:
The specifics of the room:
- The iron bed was my grandmother's - similar to our master bedroom.
- The artwork is from a local photographer, Regnier Photography, and is of downtown Kansas City. I thought this would be perfect for guest room.
- Wall paint color is Oyster White from Sherwin Williams.
- Trim paint color is Bright White from Valspar.
- The curtains and rods are from Walmart.
- The new light is from Lowe's.
- The dresser and night table are old pieces that were in the room.
- The comforter is from Anthropologie (three years ago).
- My favorite piece is my grandmother's wood couch. I will be attempting to re-cover it this summer.
Thanks again to House Beautiful for the inspiration.
What do you think? We still need to hang some more artwork (and we need to do that throughout the house).
More from home