During some of my late night internet ADD (start looking for a recipe and then an hour later, I have pinned 400 other things and have 45 tabs open), I stumbled upon this blog
. I really liked her creation and remember seeing something similar with just pumpkins
. I still want to do the pumpkins too, but in the mean time, I did this one.
Lucy and I painted the wood and Matt screwed it all together for me. I am pretty proud of this. It's one of my favorite projects that I have ever done. And I mean look, it is pretty awesome!
Start of the day. Almost all the wood I used came from our scrap piles in the garage. The two larger pieces I got from the scrap pile at Home Depot for $.50 each.
Lucy and I painting
Angry face because she was being interrupted
Angry smiley face
Lucy helping Matt screwing the wood together.
I used some old corks that I saved for the stems. I just painted them green, and attached a pipe cleaner to each of them.
Hand painted faces
Hand painted. Lucy still thinks he needs a bow tie like the original.
Final project. The "Happy Halloween" was cut out with my cricut and then mod podged on to the front.
Final price for this project:
Paint: four sample cans from Home Depot id="mce_marker"2
Corks: free (already owned)
Pipe cleaners: free (already owned)
Screws: free (already owned)
And lucky for me, I have a bunch of paint left over, so I have so many more projects that I get to do!
Please see the original post over at www.sowderingabout.com