This article was written by a member of the SheKnows Community. It has not been edited, vetted or reviewed by our editorial staff, and any opinions expressed herein are the writer’s own.
Chalkboard paint has become all the rage. And it's uses for creating home decor pieces that you can personalize with the swipe of a piece of chalk have become seemingly endless. I love this idea for spray painting wine bottles and then personalizing them with a faux label or design.
These bottles can be used simply as decorative pieces, vases for your favorite flowers or even as pricing structures for store products. Here are a few other ideas that are easy to craft and simple to love!
1. Chalkboard Door. This door is painted with magnetic chalkboard paint making it perfect for the kitchen or office. Write notes or pin schedules, coupons and recipes with a magnet! (Source.)
2. Chalkboard Sign. Create a mini sign to show the way to your wedding or party. (Source.)
3. Chalkboard Storage Cabinet. Cover your child's cabinet or night stand with chalkboard paint and provide them with a place they can safely draw on the furniture! Or spice oup your own furniture thrift store finds and create decorative drawings that match your decor and can be changed whenever the mood strikes. (Source.)
4. Framed Chalkboard. Re-purpose an old frame or mirror with a bit of paint, then hang on your wall for a handy spot to keep notes. (Source.)
5. Custom Color Chalkboard Paint. Customize your chalkboard paint by mixing white chalkboard paint in with the black. Use the different colors to create a memo board or calendar that can be re-used time and again. (Source.)
6. Chalkboard Labels. Use chalkboard paint to create unique labels such as these which have been spiced up with a little DecoArt Thick Texture Paint. Adhere to jars and containers. (Source.)
7. Chalkboard Serving Tray. Cover a tray with chalkboard paint to make serving fun! (Source.)
Have chalkboards made their way into your home yet? What unique projects utilizing chalkboard paint are your favorite and have they made organization easier for you?