When Jeremy first moved in to our condo, we searched Pinterest and the internet for decor inspiration. Honestly, it was mostly just me searching and getting his input after I found things I really loved. One of those was some easy to make "book" shelves that we could use to house our wine glasses. Now, I am sharing with you the super easy way we made it happen.
What you need for the book shelves:
- Books that you can display. I used old copies of the encyclopedia's we had in our house growing up. I felt like they were too pretty not to display.
- Hinges to hold the books on the wall.
- A screwdriver
- Things to put on your new shelves. We use ours for pictures as well as wine glasses.
- Choose what you want your books to be. These need to be small in size so that they don't put too much weight on the wall, and they also need to be similar size if you are doing 2 books across like I did. I chose to use 6 books for 3 rows of shelves.
- Choose what types of hinges you want. I decided to use a system that I could take the books out if I needed to. If we have young kiddos come over, we can easily "baby proof" the shelves by taking the books out. We bought ours at Ace Hardware. They had different sizes that we could choose from.
- The top hinge is situated separately for each of the books so that they fit nice and snug. You simply put the books in between the top hinge and the bottom one.
And it's as easy as that. I would love to know what yours look like if you choose to recreate these.
Have you ever DIY-ed anything?
More from home