This year, I was fortunate enough to be able to participate in a lovely ornament exchange hosted by Amy at One Artsy Mama
. It was so exciting because I have never participated any kind of exchange before. I was even more excited when I got Amy, herself. I love her blog and admire her greatly so it was a true honor to make an ornament for her. Since I am a crocheter and so is Amy, I decided to make a crocheted ornament. Plus, I wouldn't be worried about it breaking or being damaged in transit. I came up with this crocheted Santa Claus ornament. I'm glad to say that Amy loved it and so did her adorable little man =) After sending it to her, I figured, why not share it with you all so you can make one as well. The pattern is an intermediate pattern. I hope you enjoy it and make one for your Christmas tree!
Crochet Santa Ornament
mc - magic circle
sc - single crochet
hdc - half double crochet
st - stitch
sc dec - single crochet decrease
yo - yarn over
- Size H (5mm) Crochet Hook
- Worsted weight yarn in red and white with small amounts of black, gold, and peach (I used Lily Sugar n Cream red, white,black, and tea rose and Lion-Cotton mustard.
- Tapestry Needle for weaving ends
- Small amount of fiber fill
- (2) 6mm black safety eyes
- 3" long piece of 5/8" ribbon