A few things I learned about hosting the perfect baby shower:
1) Use mason jars with name tags as a whimsical way for the guests to keep track of their drinks. You can re-use these jars for dozens of purposes later on. Plus, when you are offering the same beverage that comes in an alcoholic version and a non-alcoholic version, it's IMPORTANT to not have the pregnant ladies mistake their "mommy punch" for a glass of the spiked ;)
2) Do all the decorating the night before.
3) Plan a light menu: salads, finger foods, etc. Nothing that requires a knife and a fork if you are not planning on hosting a formal sit-down lunch.
4) Never hesitate to recruit the mother-of-the-mommy or close friends to help you with the food, table settings, etc
5) Designate a comfortable and supportive chair for the mother-to-be to sit on while she opens gifts, because sometimes this task takes an hour or more!
6) Always offer to take photos of the mother-to-be with her mom, friends, family, etc. In all the commotion, sometimes people forget to take pictures.
More from home