Are you happy? Or are you stressed and find it hard to be happy lately? Well that's normal, and it's okay because you're going to get through it. We all have stresses and worries, which is a part of life as unfortunate as it is. But I think that stress is good for you, to a certain extent because it pushes you and helps you grow and evolve. It's not about what is stressing you out, it's about how you handle it and cope with that stress. The more we handle it with grace and poise the easier the stress will seem. You will learn to conquer challenges instead of being a victim of stress overload. I have some great ways to help you with your daily stress!
1. Wake up earlier. Waking up a few minutes earlier will make your morning seem a little less chaotic. Play some music, grab a cup of jo and make a routine for yourself in the morning.
2. Prepare and organize for the next day. Do you waste a lot of precious time in the morning stumbling around looking for your leggings that you already planned out in your head at lunch today? Or your sweater doesn't fit right? I promise it will save time, and you will lovez doing it. Set out your clothes for the next day, make your lunch and get everything you need all ready. You'll be able to get out the door more smoothly, and wonder why you haven't done it all these years!
3. Sleep. This is good in a few ways, for the first point, we don't sleep enough. Lack of sleep can change how we cope and react to stressful situations. Set an alarm every night for a time to get to bed, try to stick to it as best as possible even on the weekends. And when you're not feeling great, take a nap! You'll wake up feeling refreshed, and ready to take the storm on!
4. Realize that things don't change over night. As much as we wish and hope that things can change over night that's not how the world works. We need to try our hardest, give it our all and as days go by we get closer and closer to achieving our dreams.
5. Remember how blessed you are. You are alive, and loved. Let's not focus on what we don't have, but what we do have. Remember all that you've already worked your butt off for instead of what you "failed" at. Count your blessings, every single day. I like to journal my gratitude every single day so that I'm able to go back and hard days to realize how lucky I really am.
6. Do something that makes your heart happy. Take time to do what makes you happy. It doesn't have to be every single day, but put it in your schedule to do it as often as you can. Don't forget that you matter too!
While we can't take all of our stress away, we can learn to cope with it and not let it control us. We are more powerful and stronger then any amount of stress!
More from health