You know it's your third when....
- You completely forget what week of pregnancy you are in and have no idea when your next OB appointment is.
- You refuse to buy Dreft, and haven't pre-washed any of the new baby clothes. Whatever detergent is on sale will do.
- You understand that you will never get your pre-baby body back (without plastic surgery.)
- You look forward to your hospital stay...it's practically a spa after all.
- What To Expect is no longer your bible.
- How your pet will react to the new addition is of no concern to you.
- You briefly contemplate hiring a professional stylist to do your hair and makeup at the hospital, after all you know those first pictures are going to be all over Facebook.
- Nesting? What's the point? A well-organized nursery will be destroyed approximately three days after baby comes home.
- You get jittery anytime someone tells you that they are jealous of your maternity leave, envious of the long "break" you will be getting. You resist the urge to ask them if they have ever had a vacation that involved major surgery, sleep deprivation, dieting and cracked nipples.
- You are even more excited about the arrival of your newborn than you were with your first. You have been there before, and you know that there is nothing, nothing, more exhilarating than holding your baby for the very first time.
More from health