Staying on Track While on Vacation
My family is heading off to our summer vacation in a couple of days and I’ve been a little worried about how I’m going to keep up with my fitness routine while we are gone.
It seems like it should actually be easier to fit in those workouts since we won’t have any obligations like work, school, etc., but I’m the kind of person that is way more productive when I’m really busy. If I know I’ve only got once chance to fit in my workout, I am way more likely to get it done. If I’ve got the whole day ahead of me, I tend to procrastinate and next thing I know it’s night time and I still haven’t done anything.
Running while on vacation will be no problem, just put on some sneakers and head out the door, but I really don’t like running every day. In fact, I don’t even like to run two days in a row. I have to mix up my workouts a lot or else I get bored. So, I’m making a list of advice for myself to help me stay on track while away on vacation.
- Map out different routes to run where there is good sightseeing.
- Do physical activities with the kids (playing sports, bicycling, etc).
- Walk anywhere that is reasonably close.
- Look up local meetup fitness groups and ask to join a workout session.
- Find workout videos online that can be done anywhere.
- Bring along fitness equipment (weights, yoga mat, etc).
- Have a plan to follow.
So those are my ideas for staying on track. As long as I can take my own advice, I think I’ll be okay.
Do you have anything to add for keeping up with workouts while on vacation? Let me hear it! Also, don’t forget to enter my Pocket Fuel Naturals giveaway. Ends tonight at midnight!
More from health