One of the most exciting things about being pregnant is planning for your little one’s arrival. And it’s lovely to start thinking about a nursery. Many of us have a bedroom in mind for this, and it’s good to start getting it ready in plenty of time.
Here are some tips to think about when you’re making your plans:
How do you want the room to look and feel? Modern, traditional, funky?
Pull out some pictures online or in magazines for inspiration
Think about the furniture you’d like – as this can shape the look – many brands offer room sets at good prices – the main items you will need are:
- A cot
- A changing table
- Possibly a chair to sit whilst feeding
- Aim for a soft and tranquil feel
- Make sure the layout is practical (so your store of nappies is near your changing table, etc.)
- Consider beyond your baby’s first year by choosing furniture and a style which will grow with your baby
- Black-out blinds are brilliant!
When he or she arrives, they’re likely to be in a moses basket close to your bed for easy night time feeds, but it’s lovely to have a beautiful space ready for those daytime naps and for when you’re ready to pop them in their own bedroom at night.
Check out more of our blog over at: www.projec-b.com
For more information and some style ideas, you could log on to:www.mamasandpapas.com
Discover the Project-b pregnancy subscripton at
More from health