"I learn to get by on little victories." - Matt Nathanson
I think one of the biggest downfalls to any fitness plan is the idea that big changes and quick results are all that matters. I like to think of my fitness plan as a journey with lots of hills and valleys, some weeks I'm good and some weeks I'm bad.
The past two weeks were bad for me. I started off trying to make changes, but life got in the way, and I wasn't able to work out like I wanted or keep track of all my eating, but here are some little victories I can celebrate:
- Choosing salad for lunch, not just once but twice this week.
- Skipping a really delicious looking apple pie for dessert at the Women's Forum Luncheon.
- Choosing Subway for lunch, twice this week.
- Taking Josey (my puppy) for a walk.
- Finally writing a second post since the reboot.
Celebrating the little victories is okay at the beginning, but at some point, we must move on. I've chosen to celebrate my little victories instead of giving up on the project. I hope to start fresh on Monday with bigger goals and plans.
Until then, let me know what little victories you can celebrate?
More from health