Are ya thinking about making a change or doing something you have never done before? Well... What are you waiting for?!
Oh I know! Perhaps you are waiting for the “right moment”. Well, if that is the case, you may be waiting FOREVER! Yes, in some cases you may have to wait for certain things to fall into place before you can do what it is you want to do and make it happen. However, in a lot of cases this is not the case... it’s simply an excuse that weighs you down!
OR perhaps you are waiting for people to cheer YOU on and encourage YOU to make it happen. First of all, YOU need to be YOUR biggest cheerleader in this life! Second of all, YOU can only do things because YOU want to. Did you get that? This is about YOU! It’s YOUR life. Even if you are a parent or a spouse, this is YOUR LIFE. *throws hands up in the air* Yes, it is necessary to keep in mind your special ones’ wellbeing, but ultimately YOU need to do things in this life that are going to make YOU happy.
No matter how sincere your intentions are, actions speak louder than words. You can say and say and say that you are going to do something until your blue in the face, but until you actually make an effort to DO exactly what it is you SAY you’re gonna do, your intentions are just thoughts aimlessly flying around in the wind.
These are the 10 steps that helped me and may help you achieve your goals...
- Really think about if what you want to do is the right or best thing for you. Communicate with your special ones and discuss your thoughts and ideas. Sometimes you need to say things out loud before you can figure out if they actually make sense. Do your research, especially if what you want to do will result in you or other people in your life making sacrifices. Sometimes making sacrifices is a good thing and it’s necessary. However, you want to do things that will ultimately result in you being the most awesome person you can be and you contributing to the world in a positive way. If that will be the outcome of whatever it is you want to achieve, then go for it!
- GET INSPIRED! Chances are you are not the first person who has set out to do what it is you want to change or achieve. There are a lot of positive role models out there who offer a wealth of information and inspiration. Seek them out!
- Get rid of the stuff that is weighing you down and expect that it won’t be easy. Get rid of the self-pity, get rid of the excuses, get rid of the worry, get rid of the “what ifs” and get rid of the toxic people and things that are holding you back.
- Make a plan and set some goals. Start with some small achievable goals that will help you reach your main goal(s).
- Plan that things might not go according to plan. You need to be prepared to adapt and adjust along the way. Ask for help if you need to and seek out opportunities and resources that can assist you.
- Expect to fail. Failure is a GOOD THING as long as you learn from it. No one really successful in this lifetime has succeeded because they NEVER failed. Just think of failure as the start of a new beginning and an opportunity to revisit your plans and goals and make adjustments accordingly.
- Don’t be afraid to take some good risks and keep this in mind: “You can’t NOT cross the street because you might get hit by a car.” ;)
- Don’t let anyone dull your sparkle just because it’s shining in their eyes. Especially if you set out to do something BIG! Don’t be surprised if jealousy rears its ugly head where you least expect it to. Focus on and surround yourself with people who are happy for you, encourage you and want the best for you. The ones who want to see you succeed. Otherwise you will find yourself back at square one.
- Enjoy the ride and do so shamelessly. I’m not saying that you should be a show off. No, please don’t be that. However, you should be proud of your achievements and it’s ok to acknowledge them.
- And last, but certainly not least, keep focusing on the positive, the blessings and the humor throughout your journey and don’t give up unless you absolutely have to for a very, and I mean very GOOD reason.
Now go take on your day and DO IT ALREADY! =)
If you want to learn more about how I changed my life for the better and finally achieved “awesomeness” please pick up a kindle or paperback version of my book “STAIRWAY TO AWESOMENESS!” http://amzn.to/185xDGU
"It will make you think, make you laugh and touch your soul!"
Thanks for stopping by!
Tanya ~aka~ Comics Strip Mama!
More from health