It’s no secret that I’m a big fan of salads. Eating salads is one of the best ways to fill up my stomach with the least amount of calories. Salad ingredients include high density foods that help people feel satiated.
So if you’re going to include more salads into your diet, how do you keep your salads from becoming boring?
To answer that question, here are thirteen ideas you can use to add some pizzazz for your salad:
1. Add different toppings to your salad including
- A little cheese
- And the list can only be as long as your imagination
2. Make a Fish Salad
3. Use different varieties of lettuce
- Mixed Greens
- Iceberg Lettuce
4. Change your salad dressing
5. Add nuts to your salad
6. Use beans as the main ingredient for your salad
7. Try a salad sandwich
8. Salads aren’t just for vegetables, have a Fruit Salad
9. Mix up traditional salad ingredients with not so traditional ones: Green Beans and Basil Salad
10. For some good fat, add an avocado. They also happen to be delicious.
11. Use salsa as a side dish or sandwich topping
12. Create your own salad bar at home with the kids
13. Share your salad recipes and ideas to keep fresh
The term “salad” often conjures images of the summer, but during the winter, it doesn’t get any better than a nice bowl of hot soup with a salad. Salads are limited only by our imagination.
So, are your salads keeping your food juices flowing? What ideas can you add to the list?
I’d love to hear them, because
After all, it’s about a healthy lifestyle!
More from health