We love all natural remedies and keeping our bodies as healthy as possible, so today were going to let you in on a little secret that has now just started to become more mainstream as a beauty product. The ingredient of all ingredients is…drum roll please…coconut oil! Who knew that this fruit was so diverse? You can drink the coconut water and you can eat the coconut meat, which all have nutritional benefits. What we are more focused on today are the many uses of the oil that comes from coconuts. There are so many different ways you can utilize this type of oil, so we weeded out the ones we thought would be most useful.
Coconut oil is:
1) A great moisturizer for the skin. Apply it all over your body and you will not only smell good, but feel nice and smooth. Here are some great recipes made with Coconut Oil.
2) A natural deodorant. You can use it if you don’t want to deal with the chemical deodorant brands.
3) Perfect substitution for other oils when cooking.
4) Has great health benefits for energy. You can eat a spoonful, add to your smoothies, or incorporate into your salads.
5) Helpful to pregnant women to reduce stretch marks.
6) Helps to keep your weight balanced. Studies have shown that it can lower abdominal fat when consumed in moderation.
7) A great chapstick!
8) Useful when you want to soothe your eczema, chicken pox, or poison ivy.
9) Can lower Cholesterol. Coconut oil contains a saturated fat called lauric acid. Lauric acid increases the good HDL cholesterol in the blood to help improve cholesterol ratio levels.
10) Great to put on your hair for 30 minutes to keep your hair shiny and on your nails to keep them growing.
We love all of these benefits of Coconut oil. We have switched this healthy oil for our cooking and beauty needs. Give it a try, you wont be disappointed. It does come in a more solid form so has to be melted but it is worth it. ~T2B
Photos retrieved from: elizabethrider.com, coconutoil.com
More from health