A lesson from nature teaches us that pain is the catalyst that makes the precious pearl. Through all the tough issues adoptees work through in the All-Adoptee ICU, pearls of wisdom are formed. Here is my "take" on the pearls. How about yours?
1. Anyone can make love, but only God can create a life.
2. Even though my birth parents didn't plan my life, God did. I am no mistake.
3. Every day of my life was planned before any one of them ever came to be—no coincidences!
4. I was removed me from the care of my birth parents for their good and mine.
5. Even though hospital workers called me "Baby X" after birth, my mom and dad had already picked out a name for me.
6. I am not a reject or second class--I am a jewel among jewels.
7. I have a unique place in human history that no one else can fill.
8. Even though my birth mother experienced a painful conception, good came out of evil--me!
9. The desire in my heart for a reunion with my birth family is innate. I need not feel guilty for wanting to meet them.
10. Searching and reunion bring growth, no matter what the outcome, for I have faced my greatest fear.
11. There is a time to search for answers to adoption questions and a time to give up as lost.
12. Some of my adoption questions will never be answered this side of heaven.
More from health