Pork is a favorite of so many people, but some of us are scared to cook this meat because we want to be sure it's fully cooked, which might take too much time. But it turns out that there are some pork dishes that are easy to cook in no time. Yes, I am serious. Your pork dinner can be on the table in less than 20 minutes.
So let’s try this easy and simple pork tenderloin with bell peppers dish today. I'll bet all the ingredients required to cook this dish are already in your fridge. You can even serve this for a party, if your friends are coming over to your loft. I have lots of friends who include this dish in their weekly menu because of its taste.
Note the ingredients of this recipe, and let’s start cooking.
- 500 grams pork tenderloin (trimmed and cut into ½-inch-thick round pieces)
- 4 canned anchovy fillets (drained and mashed)
- 1 red bell pepper (chopped in 1 ½-inch strips)
- 1 yellow bell pepper (chopped in 1 ½-inch strips)
- 4 garlic cloves (thinly sliced)
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste (freshly ground pepper will be better)
- 1 ½ freshly minced rosemary
- Sprinkle salt and pepper over the chopped pork pieces. Let them rest 10 minutes before cooking.
- Now take a heavy-bottomed skillet and add the olive oil over medium heat. Once the oil is warm, add pork pieces into the pan. Keep stirring and switch sides. Cook them for about 4-5 minutes.
- In the same pan, add the bell peppers, chopped garlic, and mashed anchovy.
- Cook it for next 8-10 minutes or till the time the bell peppers are tender and pork is well done.
- At last, drizzle the pan with some vinegar and rosemary. Toss it well before serving.
- Eat it hot with some steamed rice!
The best part about this pork recipe is that you can even eat this dish cold. If you are a mother, you can pack this dish as a lunch and give it to your kids. My husband likes the simplicity of this recipe. A variation, which lots of my friends do, is to drizzle honey over the pork at the end. It makes the recipe more sticky and tangy.
I hope you all enjoy this recipe as much as my friends and family do. I will also try to keep you updated with all the easy ideas for dinner.
More from food