Vegan PowerHouse Garlicky Spinach
Remember when your parents will tell you eat your spinach as it will make you strong, well study has shown there is some truth to that.
The calcium content in spinach is so very good for our bones. and as your dearest is getting to the age where I start worrying about my bones I tend to eat a lot more spinach as well as other green leaf veggies.
I prepare spinach in a variety of ways, I eat it raw in salads, cooked as a side dish , in dips etc!
If you can try some spinach today , go ahead and do it.
This recipe is very simple and it's done in less than 30 minutes.
Give it a try and let me know how it came out and if you liked it.
Frozen spinach is a good substitute in case you can't find fresh, just use a 10 oz package.
- 16 oz. fresh baby spinach (rinsed and roughly chopped)
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 6 cloves garlic crushed / minced
- ¼ habanero pepper, finely chopped
- ¼ - ½ tsp. salt, optional
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- After chopping spinach, place in a colander and set aside
- In a wide sauce pan, heat oil on medium heat.
- When oil is hot, add garlic and sauté for 1 minute, stirring constantly
- Add spinach and stir to combine with the garlic and onions, add salt if using
- Allow to cook uncovered for 5 minutes on medium heat
- Turn the heat up and cook for another 5 – 10 minutes or until there is no more liquid in the pan
- Taste and add salt if needed, start with ¼ tsp. and add more as necessary
More from food