Need dinner in less than 30 minutes? Try this one, you won’t be disappointed. If you like chicken curry, this quick meal will leave you wanting more. A little spicy with flavors of pineapple and red pepper, it’s delightful! I love curry and could eat it every day! Well, a few times a week for sure.
For times when I don’t have dinner planned, don’t have time to cook or unexpected dinner guests show up, I can relax knowing that I have dinner covered. If there is an extended power outage, I KNOW this meal would comfort my family. It tastes so good, like you cooked it for hours.
I like knowing that if I don’t have time to plan a meal, I always have something for dinner in the pantry. Keep these freeze dried ingredients in your cupboard and you can serve this delicious meal in under 30 minutes.
Cost of this meal? Less than $15 for 6 cups of spicy, chicken curry. Look for sales on coconut milk so you can save some money. Made with ingredients you can pronounce and are actually healthy for you! Gluten free, soy free, nut free, corn free! It’s a hit.
Eating Paleo friendly meals? Leave the rice out and substitute more chicken.
Ask me how to include this meal and more favorites into your emergency or convenience planning. The next time I am asking myself what’s for dinner? Curry in a hurry!
Sweet flavors of pineapple and slightly spicy, this curry is sure to please! Ready in less than 30 minutes, enjoy the flavors of your favorite Thai Chicken Curry right from your kitchen!
- 1/2 cup Thrive FD Pineapple Chunks
- 1 cup Thrive FD Seasoned Chicken Slices
- 3/4 cup Thrive Instant White Rice
- 1/4 cup Thrive FD Green Beans
- 1/2 cup Thrive FD Red Bell Pepper
- 1/2 cup Thrive Dehydrated Carrot
- 1/4 cup Thrive FD Chopped Onion
- 3 Dried Kaffir Lime Leaves
- 1 ½ teaspoons Dried Thai Basil
- 1/2 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 2 tablespoons Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Cayenne Pepper Powder, or to taste
- 1 jar Panang (Red) Curry Paste, 4 ounce
- 2 cans Coconut Milk, 13.5 ounce
- Cut the pineapple chunks into smaller pieces.
- Combine all Thrive ingredients, lime leaves, basil, garlic powder, sugar, salt and cayenne pepper in a large bowl with 2 cups of warm water.
- Stir gently to combine and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Stir gently again and let rest an additional 5 minutes.
- While the jar ingredients are rehydrating, make the curry sauce. Put the curry paste into a large skillet over low heat. Cook and stir for 2 minutes.
- Add 1/2 of a can of coconut milk and mix until smooth.
- Add remaining coconut milk. Stir until combined. Simmer on medium for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally until sauce thickens.
- Add ingredients from the bowl into the skillet. Raise the heat to medium/high and bring contents of skillet to simmer. Lower heat to medium/low and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring gently occasionally.
- Let rest for 5 minutes. Remove kaffir lime leaves. Serve.
Note: Kaffir Lime Leaves, Dried Thai Basil, Curry Paste and Coconut Milk can all be found in the Asian food section.
More from food