- 2 flour tortillas, cut into thin strips
- cooking spray
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 pound chorizo sausage (Todd Geisert, Washington, MO)
- 2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and cubed (Zimmerman's Produce, Vandalia, IL)
- 14-ounce can tomatoes (I used 2 large tomatoes that I had in the freezer. Run under warm water to slip off skin, chop)
- 4 cups baby spinach
- 1 lime, quartered
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 avocado, pitted and chopped
- 4 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- Heat oven to 375. Spray tortilla strips with cooking spray, spread in a single layer on cookie sheet and bake until golden, about 10 minutes. Sprinkle with salt, allow to cool.
- Heat a large stockpot over medium-high heat; add chorizo and cumin, cook until browned, about 5 minutes.
- Add sweet potato, broth, tomatoes, 1 cup water; bring to boil then reduce to simmer; cook about 15 minutes until potatoes tender.
- Add in spinach, divide among 4 bowls, top with a squeeze of lime juice, cilantro, avocado and baked tortilla strips.
More from food