Bringing your lunch to work is easy when you make this store-bought veggie burger sandwich.
What’s that you say? Store bought veggie burgers are yucky. Yes, I pretty much gave up on them a year ago when all I found was ingredient lists that resembled a science experiment gone bad.
Fear no more. I’ve tried several of Dr. Praeger’s products and I think they are the one of the better burgers on the market. I have not been approached by this company and my opinions are all my own.
I know I’m not the only person on a quest to find a good tasting store bought veggie burger.
There are those days when time slips away so quickly and I need a lunch lickity split or I will eat whatever is put in front of me.
I served this sandwich with pistachios and I would recommend you do the same. One of these veggie burgers comes in at 130 calories which is perfect. You add some slices of bread, a sprinkling of parmesan cheese, and a handful of spinach. Now you’re looking at a lunch that is around 350-400 calories.
- 1 Dr. Praeger’s Italian Veggie Burger
- 2 slices toasted Indian Grain Organic Bread ( Aunt Millie’s)
- 2 tablespoons shredded parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon safflower mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon Annie’s Organic Ketchup
- Handful of fresh baby spinach
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped basil
- Heat veggie burger according to package instructions.
- Toast bread slices in toaster.
- When veggie burger is almost done place cheese on top and heat till melted.
- Slather toasted bread with mayonnaise and ketchup. Place veggie burger on top and add spinach. Serve with pistachios and Enjoy!
More from food