So last night I was browsing Pinterest, (you know, ahem, for research purposes ;)) and it was really evident that everyone's looking ahead to fall. Lots of cozy recipes for chili, pumpkin, soups, apple cinnamon, maple-brown butter-bourbon-salted-caramel-OMG-yum! I was totally dying over here.
I'm as psyched as anybody to get into the autumn swing! And now that I've baked up a recipe (or two) for pretty much all of my favorite seasonal summer fruits, I'm ready to jump in with both feet.
Image: Courtesy of Baking a Moment
But first I just wanted to do a quick recap of all the yummy things that helped make this summer so special for me and my loved ones (click on the pic to view the recipe):
Whew! I think I can safely say we ate summer to its fullest.
I'm sure all the other food bloggers out there can feel me when I say, my life pretty much revolves around the kitchen. Every spare minute I get, I'm happy to spend cooking/baking/experimenting with food. And not only do I enjoy developing my own recipes for this blog, but I also really love trying other bloggers' recipes as well!
Right now, I have my sights set on fun foods that make great on-the-go breakfasts for my kiddos. Big boy starts first grade this year, and he's hopping on the bus bright and early every day. Sometimes it's hard to make time for a healthy breakfast, but I'll be busily baking up all of these fabulous recipes, from some of my favorite blogs, to make sure he gets a great start every day:
1. Breakfast Pizza by Club Narwhal
2. Chocolate Zucchini Waffles by Honey & Figs
3. Honey Vanilla Parfaits by Mom on Timeout
4. Glazed Vanilla Donut Muffins by Crunchy Creamy Sweet
5. Homemade Nutri-Grain Bars by Half-Baked Harvest
6. Yoghurt Scones by Tea with Erika
7. Vanilla Cream Filled Muffins by Cookies & Cups
8. Pumpkin Pie Overnight Oats by Le Creme de la Crumb
9. Peach Monkey Buns by A Sweet Baker
10. Sausage, Egg, & Cheese English Muffin Panini by Buns in my Oven
11. Apricot Almond Mini Bundts with Sour Cream Glaze by Baking in Pyjamas
I hope you enjoy browsing through all of these delicious posts! There's still lots of great summer produce left in the stores/farmers markets, so bake it up while you still can! :) :) :)
More from food