I know it, y'all know it...everybody knows it - potatoes cooked almost any way is comfort food at it's best. Besides that warm and comfortable feeling that potatoes produce is that other crazy thing - you can cook them a million different ways! Well, I stopped counting a long time ago and just made my own little "Top 10" list. Included on that list is stuffed baked potatoes or twice baked potatoes or whatever you'd like to call them. I make them with my families favorite ingredients like, cheese, bacon and a few other things thrown in. The key to insuring rich flavor and perfect texture is to be sure that you bake them in the oven or on the grill - no microwave here, friends. These stuffed potatoes are perfect as the main event for dinner or as a side dish to your summer grilled dishes. Just bake, stuff and ENJOY!.
Stuffed Baked Potatoes
6 medium russet potatoes - washed and dried
2 cups shredded cheese
3/4 cup cooked bacon - chopped
2 tablespoons butter
1 1/2 cup sour cream
1/4 cup grated onion
1/4 cup chopped green onion
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Drizzle potatoes with canola oil and sprinkle with kosher salt.
- Place potatoes on center rack in oven.
- Bake for 1 hour or until done (insert a knife into potato to check for doneness)
- Take potatoes out of oven and cool on baking rack.
- When potatoes are easy to handle, cut an oval on skin and remove.
- Scoop out inside of potato using a spoon and place in mixing bowl.
- Add butter and blend using a potato masher.
More from food