As you may have guessed by my name I don't drink alcohol. This can bit a bit of a bummer when I'm heading out to events and parties, simply because people seem clueless when it comes to non-alcoholic drinks.
Countless times I've found myself elbowing out a child to get the last bit of juice at a gathering.....well NO more! I've made it my misson to find delicious, fresh Mocktail recipes to bring with me. Hopefully by sharing them you'll always have a "special" drink in hand when you're not choosing alcohol.
Strawberry Margarita Mocktail
@soberjulie.jpg" alt="Strawberry Margarita mocktail" width="782" height="1000" />
- 1lb strawberries
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup sparkling water
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- Coloured coarse sugar (for the rims of the glasses)
- Lime for garnish (cut into wheels)
- Place the strawberries, orange juice, sparkling water, lime juice and ice into your blender.
- Blend on medium-high until it reaches a slushy consistency, add in ice as necessary.
- Take a lime wheel and cut a small slit then wipe it around the rim of the glasses, creating moisture on the inside and outside of 4 glasses.
- Pour the coarse sugar onto a plate and roll the glasses in it, collecting the sugar onto the lime juice on the rim.
- Pour the Strawberry Margarita into 4 glasses, garnish with a lime wheel and serve!
To see more of my Mocktail recipes head to SoberJulie.com
SoberJulie blogs at http://www.soberjulie.com/
More from food