While I usually make sweet pancakes which my daughter tops with cheese, I figured this time, I would make her some healthy, savory, CHEESY pancakes…full of spinach! Cause as a parent, it is my job to sneak or blatantly stuff in as many veggies as I can convince my daughter to intake!
I thought I would get alot of resistance from my daughter when I was heavy handed with the spinach and these pancakes turned out a little more greener than intended; but, she took her first bite and gave me a thumbs up and left with the whole stack! I managed to get a taste, and I don’t wanna toot my own horn – but these pancakes make tooting necessary! These were pretty amazing for savory pancakes – I am not a fan of savory pancakes as topping them with nutbutter and chocolate just doesn’t seem to work for me! But these pancakes were sooooo goooooood!
They are gluten free (as I ran out of all purpose flour) and sugar free! With a hefty serving of spinach and garlic and a smidge of cheese in the batter. I also used a couple of Dorot seasonings which managed to lure her out of bed!
One taste and yall will be hooked…aaaaannnnndddd…these pancakes might just melt your soul! Yeah!?
- 1/3 cup cooked/or frozen and thawed and drained spinach
- 1/2 cup brown rice flour
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 Dorot garlic cube (or 1 clove garlic minced)
- 1 Dorot cilantro cube (or 1 teaspoon cilantro chopped)
- 1 tablespoon coconut butter melted
- handful of cheese
- dash salt and pepper
Make Banana Chocolate Chip Pancakes
- Combine ALL the ingredients in a bowl and stir till combined
- Drop 2-3 tablespoons of batter in a greased pan on low heat
- Cook 3-4 minutes or till golden on one side and flip and cook 2 minutes or so on the other side
- Serve topped with cheese or even salsa might be good!
More from food