Sick of boring old chicken? Are you always trying to find protein that is lean and healthy? So are we. It is so important to maintain a healthy diet, which can be done by planning out what you are eating and doing it in moderation. Let’s face it, its not a huge scientific equation: workout+eat right= healthy and weightloss. Ta da-it’s that simple. We are big fans of getting at least 20 grams of protein with every meal and you should try to eat 5 times a day. This will allow for your body to maintain the weight it is at or to lose weight depending what you pair your protein with. If you only pair it with vegetables that are steamed with no butter and a healthy carbs (baked potato, quinoa, sweet potato etc) or a healthy fat (avocados, nuts, peanut butter, hummus etc.) you are bound to lose weight. Make sure to keep sodium intake in mind since it is found in many prepared foods. You should only consume about 2000- 2400 mg of sodium a day.
So if you are like us and are always looking for healthy ways to get your 20 grams of protein, check out this recipe below.
- 3 TBS soy sauce
- 1 TBS sesame oil
- 2 TBS water
- 1 package extra firm tofu
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tsp chopped fresh ginger
- 2 cups green beans
- 3 TBS Chili Garlic Sauce (Asian section)
- 1 TBS soy sauce
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- Mix the first 3 ingredients in a bowl.
- Slice tofu into 1/2 inch slices.
- Press tofu on paper towels to remove excess water.
- Dip tofu in mixture on each side.
- Coat pan with Canola or grapeseed oil spray.
- Cook tofu until browned on each side.
- Remove from pan and cut the tofu into cubes about 6 per slice.
- Add the green beans, garlic and ginger.
- Cook for about 3 minutes.
- Mix the remaining ingredients and add to the green beans.
- Fold in tofu and serve.
More from food