Soul Food with an Italian / Asian Twist
- 1 bunch of Kale
- 1 bunch of Collard greens
- 4 - 6 garlic cloves, peeled and sliced
- 2 tablespoons ginger, peeled and sliced into small match sticks
- 2 - 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- Seitenbacher Vegetable Broth and Seasoning
- 1/4 cup water (or less)
Wash well the greens and spin dry. Cut off thick stems. Roll the collard greens and cut up in strips. Chop up the kale. Peel and slice the garlic and ginger.
In a large skillet, according to the amount of greens you will use, sauté the garlic and ginger. Take out before the garlic browns and set aside in a dish. To the same skillet add the greens and a little water. Add 1/4 cup of water and a vegetarian bouillon or your favorite soup. Mine is Seitenbacher Vegetable Broth and Seasoning you can add 1 teaspoon to the water.
More from food