Southwestern Green Peppers
I had these awesome organic green peppers that I needed to use, and something about stuffed green peppers makes me happy! Amelia was not having it. Peppers are not her fav, unless they're chopped and on a pizza. I always give her the option of eating something else; her choice has to be healthy and something I can prepare quickly as I am cookig the rest of dinner. Tonight she chose protein pancakes. Great!
So dinner for two it is!
- 2 Green Peppers
- 1 c. Cooked Organic Quinoa
- 1 c. Black Beans
- 1 c. Ground Beef
- 4 tblspn. Shredded Cheese (optional)
- 1 tblspn. Taco Seasoning
- Preheat oven to 400
- Brown ground beef
- Prepare quinoa according to package directions
- Mix beef and quinoa together, and add black beans
- Slice top of peppers, and clean inside
- Scoop quinoa/beef/bean mix into pepper, stuff well
- Sprinkle with cheese, and place in oven
- Bake 25-35 minutes, until pepper is tender and cheese is melted
An even healthier alternative would be ground turkey! But, I promised my husband beef two nights a week...I just never promised it wouldn't be stuffed in a vegetable.
Fresh peppers stuffed with protein power!!