When I was a child my mother and I made Weetabix cookies from a recipe we found on the back of the cereal box. They were easy to make and tasted delicious but we could only make them the once as the recipe was thrown away when we moved house.
So with a love of cooking, sweet foods and my new kitchen I set about trawling the internet looking for the recipe for the cookies I'd loved and lost. It took me a couple of hours but I found it and made them. They were just as yummy as I remember.I would hate to be depriving the world of a delicious dessert so I will pass the recipe on.
- 250g plain flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 5 Weetabix (crushed)
- 175g margarine
- 50g granulated sugar
- 125g brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- Lots of chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven at 180c
- Cream the butter with both the sugars.
- Add to that; flour, weetabix, salt and baking soda and mix well
- Beat the 2 eggs in with the mixture and add chocolate chips and vanilla extract
- Spoon the mixture on to a baking tray and cook for 10 - 12 minutes
- Once removed from the oven leave to cool
Like this? There will be more of Butterfly_girl's recipes to come.
More from food