I thought I share this recipe that I made up for my family that are allergy-free (what we are allergic to). These are consider healthy and very tasty! This is one of the kids' favorite. The chicken sausages is organic and grass-fed from the grocery store. It's a little on the spicy side, but not too much that my hubby and the kids can't handle (they hate spicy). I used Saymmm.comto make this recipe to share which has been and always will be my favorite website/services.
Serves about 6-8 people
All veggies were chopped
- 1 bell pepper of choice (I use all colors)
- 1 glove of Garlic
- 1-2 Carrot sticks
- 1-2 Celery Sticks
- 3 tsp of Canola Oil
- 1lb of Chicken Sausages cut into bite size pieces
- 4 Cups of Rice or other grains of choice
- 8 oz of Chicken Stock (I used homemade)
- Brown chicken sausages in med-high heat with the canola oil. Remove and save to the side.
- Add veggies and sweat out veggies until soft and translucent.
- Add rice and stir until all veggies and rice is mixed together and rice is coated with oil.
- Add chicken stock, bring to a boil then turn down to low heat.
- Cook until rice is cooked through.
You can add other veggies if your family isn't allergic to it. Sometimes I add peas and sweet potatoes.
Disclosure: This post may contain Affiliate links. Please refer to the Disclosure for more information. Don't forget to get your Free Information on how to build and manage your career, homes, and personal growth.
More from food