I’m on an almond butter craze at the moment, I think I’ve eaten it every day recently without fail. But when it’s something that is so good for you with so many healthy fats and protein then why not? Over the weekend I was alone at home for a few hours and decided to whip up these almond butter balls. They are so quick to make and so so delicious you will consume copious amounts of mixture while making them, and once you have made them they will disappear very quickly!
Serves: many, makes around 40 small balls
1 cup almonds
1 cup medjool dates (or soaked regular dates)
3 heaped tbsp almond butter
2 tbsp coconut oil
A pinch of sea salt
1-2 level tbsp ground flaxseed
What to do:
- Pulse the almonds in a food processor until ground into small enough bits for your taste (I like the crunch)
- Add the dates, almond butter, coconut oil and sea salt and process until sticky
- Add one tbsp of flaxseed and mix, if you have runny almond butter like me you probably will need 2 tbsp to stop it being too sticky!
- Leave the mixture in the fridge to cool for an hour
- When cool, roll into little bite size balls and store in the fridge or freezer!
More from food