I absolutely love this pizza! I was craving it so much that I had to call my mom to get the recipe. She also gave me 2 nice tips to make the pizza even more tasty! In Brazil, we call this pizza a "Pizza Portuguesa". What a delicious fusion of flavors from the ham, onions, boiled egg, and kalamata olives! Many might be tempted to leave out one of the ingredients like the boiled egg, onions, or olives, but please don't! All these ingredients are essential, as they work together to create an amazing, savory blend!
- 1 individual size "ready to bake" pizza dough
- 1 tsp of olive oil
- 1 can of undrained whole peeled tomatoes (should create enough sauce for 4+ small pizzas; you will only need approximately 4 tbsp for each)
- 4 tbsp of shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 thin slices of ham
- 1 hard boiled egg, sliced
- 5 round slices of yellow onion
- 14 half slices of kalamata olives
- 1 tbsp of oregano
HOW TO MAKE IT:
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit
- Brush olive oil on the top of the pizza dough
- *TOMATO SAUCE: Pour the entire contents of the can of undrained peeled tomatoes into a bowl and squeeze them with your fingers leaving some thick, irregular chunks of tomatoes to make the sauce more robust. Spread approximately 4 tbsp of this sauce onto the pizza dough, making sure to add some of the tomato pieces
- Sprinkle shredded mozzarella cheese over the sauce
- Top with the 2 slices of ham, onions, egg slices, and olives
- *OREGANO: Pour the oregano into your cupped hand and then rub the oregano using both hands over the pizza, making sure to sprinkle the oregano on all the toppings. By rubbing the oregano in your hands, you enhance its flavor.
- Place the pizza directly on the rack into the oven and bake for 9 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let it cool for 1-2 minutes before eating.
More from food