Is the peanut butter in my cupboard safe? What should a mom do when peanut butter and other peanut products are recalled? Seems almost un-American to stop making those beloved PBJ's. Peanut butter has been a staple as a family-friendly convenience food for decades.
On January 16, PCA expanded its voluntary recall to include all peanut butter produced on or after August 8, 2008, and all peanut paste produced on or after September 26, 2008, in its Blakely, Ga., plant because of potential Salmonella contamination.
- Ralcorp Frozen Bakery Products Inc. is recalling all Wal-Mart Bakery brands of peanut butter cookies, peanut butter no-bake cookies and peanut butter fudge no-back cookies.
- The South Bend Chocolate Co., of South Bend, Ind., is recalling assorted chocolates, valentine hearts, peanut butter fudge and peanut butter chocolate fudge.
- Food Lion has removed Bake Shop peanut butter cookies from its shelves.
- McKee Foods Corp. of Collegedale, Tenn., recalled Little Debbie Peanut Butter Toasty and Peanut Butter Cheese Sandwich Crackers.
- Hy-Vee Inc., which distributes in several states, recalled various bakery products containing peanut butter.
- And Perry's Ice Cream announced a voluntary recall of select ice cream products containing peanut butter.
- Late Friday, cereal giant Kellogg recalled 16 products containing peanut butter, including Keebler cheese and peanut butter sandwich crackers and Keebler and Famous Amos peanut butter cookies.
More from food