Do you want to know what really amazes me? How people can spend hours and days and weeks studying something and still get it wrong, but then can recall every detail of a memory down to a smell from so far back in their childhood. One of my fondest memories as a child, you guessed it - something to do with food, is going to my grandma's house in Louisiana. The very first thing she would do as soon as we stepped out of the car was hand my brother and I each our own huge ziploc of these oyster crackers. I can remember exactly how amazing they looked covered in dill, packaged with our names written in sharpie, and the ranch smell seeping through the bag. So naturally I equate this recipe with family and love and it definately has a special place in my heart... and so began the battle between food and my hips :)
- 1 (1 oz.) package ranch dressing mix
- 1/2 tsp. dried dill weed
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 tsp lemon pepper
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 package oyster crackers (9 oz.)
- Preheat oven to 250-275 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, mix all ingredients together and toss to coat the crackers evenly.
- Spread the oyster crackers out on a baking sheet evenly, and bake for 15-20 min, until they turn golden, tossing halfway through.
More from food