For 9 days of DIY Halloween Tips and Tricks visit, Free Range Chick's Chick or Treat series.
- 1 box red velvet cake mix + the ingredients needed to make your cake (oil, eggs, and water)
- 1 can cream cheese frosting
- 4 boxes white bakers chocolate
- 1 bag M&M’s
- 1 tube of red squirt icing
1. Make your cake as instructed on the box. Set aside and let cake cool completely.
2. Crumble the cake into a bowl and mix in one can of cream cheese frosting until smooth.
3. Create small cake balls by rolling dough in your palms.
5. Melt two of the boxes of white bakers chocolate in a deep bowl. You will melt more chocolate as needed through the dipping process.
6. One at a time, place a cake ball in your bowl of white bakers chocolate, spoon the chocolate over the top of the ball to fully coat. Scoop the ball out using a fork or spoon and place back on the wax paper. (I tried both method and preferred the fork, as it let the excess chocolate drip off the ball better than the spoon did.)
7. Place the finished cake balls in the refrigerator to help set the bakers chocolate.
8. Decorate the outside of each cake ball with red squiggles, and then place one M&M in the center.
9. Place back in refrigerator or freezer until serving time.
Shanti Grossman - freerangechick.com
More from food