Mother’s day is around the corner and this is the day when we must show our mother what she means to us. Every mother’s day, I send lovely card to my mother which I make myself and write what I feel for her. Year after year, I have realized that my mother is the most important part of my life.
This mother’s day, I am going green (Not with jealousy, but with love… :)). I am cooking my mother favorite ‘Minty Peas Soup’. Spring is almost here, and we all love the flavor of mint. It’s so refreshing and zingy. And I personally like making soups and have a huge collection of soup recipes in the kitchen shelf. So, in my first blog here on this platform I will be sharing this recipe with you all.
Serving- 4 people
Cooking time-15 minutes
- 3 cups of fresh shelled peas (you can also use frozen but fresh are better)
- 1 small onion (finely chopped)
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 5-6 fresh mint leaves
- 1 ½ tbsp. of butter (you can also use vegetable oil if you are health conscious)
- 3-4 fresh parsley leaves
- Salt & pepper
- 2 tbsp. of sour cream
- 2 tbsp. of normal cream
- Mint leaves (for final garnishing)
- On the high heat, melt the butter in the large pan. Add onions and cook them for about 1-2 minutes. Make sure that you do not brown them, they should only be opaque.
- Add the vegetable stock into the pan and bring it to boil on the high heat.
- Now turn the heat to medium and put peas in the pan. Cook them for about 5 minutes. If you are using frozen peas than cook them for only 2-3 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat and parsley and mint leaves into it. Blend this mixture with the hand blender.
- If the mixture is too thick, use water to get to your desired consistency.
- Now add the normal cream and sour cream into this. Mix it well with a spoon.
- Season it as per your taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve it hot while garnishing it with mint leaves.
Tip- if you are using frozen peas than bring them on the normal temperature before cooking them. Wash them properly and dry them with hand towel.
More from food