In his post Better Homemade Biscuits and Gravy, Nick of The Paupered Chef talks about his favorite breakfast:
To me biscuits and gravy tastes like lazy Saturday mornings in a diner, the smell of coffee heavy in the air, and the promise of a very busy day. It's heavy but humble, and you don't have biscuits and gravy on a regular old Tuesday.
To me, it's more of a Sunday at home breakfast. My Granny from Texas used to make it for us. But it's my favorite, too. When it strikes, the craving for warm, flaky buttermilk biscuits with cream gravy made of flour, milk and pork sausage (or red-eye gravy made of ham and coffee) -- with a poached or fried egg on top -- is impossible to resist. It's comfort on a plate.
- Contributing Editor Kalyn Denny has a biscuit recipe roundup, with recipes by bloggers for everything from gluten-free buttermilk biscuits to a recipe with bacon and cheddar.
- C'est La Vegan has a yummy-looking recipe for vegan biscuits and gravy.
- Buns in My Oven shared a delectable-looking biscuits and chocolate gravy -- whoa.
- Nick at Macheesemo makes his "Bs & Gs" using hot Italian sausage.
- There's a great rundown of how to make all kinds of gravy at Eclectic Recipes.
Are you with me on the delectability of biscuits and gravy for breakfast? Or do you think it's the heaviest, gloppiest beige breakfast you can imagine?
Image by Navin75 via Flickr.
More from food