Monday morning, we meet again! When a long, busy and fun weekend ends the last thing I want to do is think about Monday night dinner. This is such a delicious and EASY recipe that you can mix up in 5-10 minutes, put in the oven and be done with dinner! Bake some potatoes or simply cook a bag of frozen veggies and you've got a home cooked meal without all the hard work :)
- 1 Cup Tomato Juice (I used steak sauce)
- 3/4 Cup Quaker Oats
- 1 Egg (I used a flax egg)
- 1/4 Cup Chopped Onion
- 1/2 Tsp. Salt
- 1/4 Tsp. pepper
- 1 1/2 lb. Lean Ground Beef
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine all ingredients, except ground beef, and mix well.
- Add ground beef and mix thoroughly but not too much!
- Press into a 8x4 inch loaf pan.
- Bake 1 hour.
- 10 minutes before it's done, add ketchup to the top (optional).
- Drain, let stand for 5 minutes.
There you have it! A simple, yet healthy dinner that can be prepared easily with just a few ingredients. I love that this recipe uses oatmeal instead of bread and I think it tastes just as good!
Hope you all have a great Monday :)
More from food