Yeah, you can call it love. Rays of golden love pouring into my life and aiming for my thighs and my love handles, that's where I keep it stored. Butter, lemons, flour. We are in love. My thighs can prove it.
(makes 16+ servings)
1/2 cup unsalted butter (room temperature)
1/4 cup confectioners sugar
1 cup all purpose flour
1/8 teaspoon salt
2 large eggs (room temperature)
1 cup sugar
1/3 cup Meyer lemon juice
1 tablespoon grated Meyer lemon zest
3 tablespoons all purpose flour
1. Cream the butter and sugar in a bowl.
2. Mix in the flour and salt until it comes together.
3. Press it down into a greased 8 inch square baking pan.
4. Bake in a preheated 350F oven until golden brown, about 20 minutes.
5. Beat the eggs and sugar until smooth.
6. Mix in the lemon juice and zest.
7. Mix in the flour.
8. Pour the mixture onto the crust.
9. Bake in a preheated 350F oven until set, about 20 minutes.
10. Let cool and sprinkle with confectioners sugar.
Michelle Stiles writes at The Beauty of Life
More from food