These jam filled cookies are delcious to eat and pretty to look at.
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 cup almond meal
- 1 cup white rice flour mix
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Raspberry or black currant jam
- icing sugar for dusting
- Mix almond meal, white rice flour mix, baking powder and salt in a bowl.
- Using an electric mixer, beat butter, sugar and vanilla until light and fluffy.
- Add egg beat until mixed.
- Turn the mixer on low and add flour, beat until it comes together as a soft dough.
- Divide the dough into 3 balls. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until firm for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 325°F and set aside two trays lined with parchment paper or silpat.
- Remove one ball and roll out between two parchment papers until it is 1/4" thickness.
- Using a 2" round or square fluted cookie cutter, cut out cookies. With a spatula, transfer cookies to the prepared sheets, spacing them 1" apart.
- Using a smaller cutter, cut centers out of half of the cookies. Repeat rolling and cutting with second and third balls of dough. Gather scraps, re roll and cut.
- Bake cookies until edges are golden, 10-12 minutes, rotating halfway through.
- Remove tray from oven, cool cookies slightly on the baking sheets, then using a spatula transfer to wire racks to cool completely.
- Place the cut out cookies on a baking sheet and lightly dust the tops with powdered sugar.
- Spread a thin layer of jam on the flat side (bottom) of each cookie and top with the sugar dusted cut out cookie tops and gently press to seal them together.
- Using a small squeeze bottle or piping bag, fill the cut -out with a little more jam.
- Store the cookies in an airtight container at room temperature for 5-7 days.
More from food