Chicken and broccoli happens to be one of my favorite take out foods! However; I find that most times there is way to much salt added and it's also way to oily. So I decided that I would make my own take out for dinner! It's clearly less expensive, I made it quicker then if I placed an order from the Chinese restaurant, it's healthier and it's budget friendly as well. My family really enjoyed this and I hope yours will too!! Happy eating from my kitchen to yours!
Delightfully adapted from WW 360
2 Tbsp all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp table salt, divided
1/4 tsp black pepper, freshly ground
12 oz uncooked boneless skinless chicken breast(s), thinly sliced
2 tsp olive oil
1 1/2 cup(s) fat-free, reduced sodium, chicken broth, divided
2 tsp minced garlic
2 1/2 cup(s) uncooked broccoli, small florets
2 tsp lemon zest, or more to taste*
2 Tbsp fresh parsley, fresh, chopped
1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- On a plate, combine 1 1/2 tablespoons of flour, 1/4 teaspoon of salt and pepper; add chicken and turn to coat.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook, turning as needed, until lightly browned and cooked through, about 5 minutes; remove to a plate.
- Put 1 cup of broth and garlic in same skillet; bring to a boil over high heat, scrapping up browned bits from bottom of pan with a wooden spoon. Add broccoli; cover and cook 1 minute.
- In a small cup, stir together remaining 1/2 cup of broth, 1/2 tablespoon of flour and 1/4 teaspoon of salt; add to skillet and bring to a simmer over low heat.
- Cover and cook until broccoli is crisp-tender and sauce is slightly thickened, about 1 1/2 minutes. Stir in chicken and lemon zest; heat through.
- Remove skillet from heat and stir in parsley and lemon juice; toss to coat. Yields about 1 cup per serving.