June is a month for settling into summer routines. My older son, College Boy, is home from his freshman year. He went to work campaigning for his close friend's dad, our Congressman. My younger son, PurDude, graduated from high school (in the top 6% of his class, but I digress). He continues to work for the city as a lifeguard as he prepares for his freshman year in college.
I have been thoroughly enjoying having the family together under the same roof again. Granted we're all coming and going, but we're managing quite a few family dinners. The boys' friends, as always, are here often. Especially, it seems, when something's coming out of the oven.
This month I developed 8 new recipes; a breakfast, an appetizer, a grilled main dish, a side dish, a cocktail and three desserts. All but one were teen approved for the blog. The cocktail fell to Hubs and I to try out. It got a thumbs up too.
Here are links to all the posts and the recipes I published in June. Did you catch them all?
1) An entry into a recipe contest with a Strawberry Shortcake, Nacho Style recipe:
2) Funny Friday, a monthly post where a group of bloggers all come up with 5 captions for a picture, with a Berry Bar Sundae recipe:
3) Love to Laugh, a post inspired by an interview I did for a book I collaborated on in which I was asked what makes me laugh, with Baked Hot Wings recipe:
4) A two year blogiversary celebration with an Iced Coffee Cocktail recipe:
5) A blog tour in which I'm asked to talk about my writing process with Hazelnut Coffee Pancakes with Berry Syrup recipe:
6) A Use Your Words writing challenge. I'm assigned words that I need to craft into a blog post, with Roasted Style Grilled Chicken recipe:
7 ) A Secret Subject Swap challenge in which I reveal which celebrity I'm often compared to, with Sweet Potato Cups with Maple Butter reicpe:
8) A Fly on the Wall peek inside my home with my Patriotic Pavlova recipe:
As always, anyone who makes one of my recipes is welcome to post a picture to my Facebook page.
More from food