It's easy to make your own homemade ice cream, whether it's strawberry ice cream, chocolate, or plain vanilla. All you need are a few key ingredients... and a blender.
I bet you're thinking, "How do you make ice cream in a blender?" Let me show you.
Image: Joy via Flickr via Creative Commons licenseIngredients
- 1 package of your favorite frozen fruit, such as bananas or strawberries, chocolate syrup to make chocolate ice cream, or 1 vanilla bean/pod to make vanilla ice cream
- 1/4 cup of milk
- Splash of heavy whipping cream
- 2 cups of ice cubes or the type of ice that is crushed already
- 4 tablespoons of sugar
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla.
After gathering the ingredients, simply follow these easy steps.
- Add the ice, the frozen fruits (or chocolate syrup or vanilla bean), milk, vanilla, and heavy whipping cream and blend.
- Add the sugar and blend at a high speed for a minute
- Once the ingredients come together, you can switch to a lower speed, giving better control over the degree of churning.
- Transfer the ice cream to a bowl, and place in the freezer for a half hour or so.
- The ice cream is now ready to serve. Put it in some bowls and enjoy.
You can add different ingredients to your mixture, changing your creation to suit your tastes. You can also substitute soy milk for regular milk.
before buy a blender read this post: best blender for smoothies
More from food