Pesto is one of the simplest sauces to make, and all you really need is five ingredients—garlic, nuts, Parmesan, olive oil and the star of the show, basil. I started growing my own basil in the backyard because it’s easy, and I love using it in a variety of recipes.
One might think that it’s only good on pasta. Simply not true. Here are other ways to use pesto:
- Spread it on crackers or bread
- Swirl it into Greek yogurt or cottage cheese
- Drizzle it on eggs, pizza or sliced tomatoes
- Brush it on salmon, steak, pork chops, chicken, potatoes and veggies before grilling or baking
- Stir it into soups, stews and salad dressings
More from food