Quesadillas are a favorite around our house. I love this version. It's healthy, fresh, full of veggies and protein and loaded with flavor.
Quesadillas are so versatile and can be filled with just about anything.
Check out another one of my other yummy vegetarian quesadilla recipes
I LOVE the flavor of sweet roasted peppers and caramelized onions, especially with beans. The corn adds a nice crunch of fresh flavor. I also wanted some extra "freshness" in my quesadilla so I added some sliced green onions and served them with lime wedges.
Feel free to add or delete any ingredients. If you like it spicy, add some jalapeños, if you don't like peppers, just leave them out. TaylorMake your quesadilla with the flavors that you want.
Got leftover chicken? Shred it and add to the mix.
There are no "rules" to making a quesadilla. Just make sure it has some cheese to glue the tortillas together.
Easy to make and yummy to eat.
Healthy Veggie Quesadillas, Santa Fe Style
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 2 sweet onions, chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 can black beans, drained
- 1 cup frozen corn (or canned corn, drained)
- 3 green onions, slices
- 1 tsp kosher or sea salt
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- Pinch of cumin
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese
- 10 flour tortillas
- Sour cream and lime wedges for garnish (optional)
- On a sheet pan, place the peppers and onions, drizzle with olive oil and roast 425 degrees for 20-25 minutes.
- In a bowl, mix the roasted peppers and onions with the black beans, corn, green onion, salt and spices. Combine well.
- Heat a skillet, place tortilla in it and top with 1 tbsp cheese then 2 tbsp bean and corn mixture and then another 1 tbsp of cheese. Top with another tortilla.
- Cook two minutes per side, or until golden brown and lightly crisp. Repeat.
- Garnish with sour cream and lime wedges
More from food